Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Older siblings are bigheads


My cousins are arriving from Barbados tomorrow evening and my sister wants to leave home a good hour and a half before their flight arrives.

My question, WHY?

We live about 25 minutes away from the airport. If the flight lands at 11:15 and you know it’s going to take them a good half an hour to go through customs and get their luggage, why are you trying to leave home at 10:30 pm?

To give the parking attendant all your money?

“It’s the holidays, Bob. Buy yourself a new sweater. And seeing I’ve been in the lot for an hour, get a nice one. From Holt Renfrew.”

Common sense tells me to leave home, at the earliest, 11:00 pm. If there are any accidents or inclement weather, you still have some wiggle room.

Will she listen?

No. She just gets belligerent, because, as she puts it “[She’s] the driver!” And gripes at me about taking public transportation.

So, when she sees that it’s going to cost her 30 bucks to park at Lester B. Pearson International Airport, she’s going to cuss and complain and want me to commiserate.

But I will just sit there stone faced.

Because my older sibling is a bighead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home