Thursday, October 28, 2004

Messages from work…

I’m trying to make work as entertaining as possible. It helps when you work with… um… err… interesting characters. Where I work is a crazy place with crazy characters – especially the dude I sit next to.

He sent this e-mail at 10:40 last night… Hope you weren’t still here. And thanks for letting me share the jokes!




Subject: I swear, if I come into work late tomorrow

...’cause I was busy chatting with a 'not so attractive girl' online I'm gonna get sooo mad.

Seriously, I always get caught in that trap. So I'm perusing around Lava looking for some hotties and someone sends me an IM. I go to her profile and she has no pic. Now, I'm in a dilemma. Do I: a) not bother talking to her cause she ain't got no pic YO!; or b) take a chance cause you never know. I always take b) unfortunately.

So here I am IM'ing with this girl back and forth making her laugh as only I know how....telling her my dreams of becoming an ethnic Spiderman and all. I've got her hooked. So, I'm working it and always dropping hints about her pic. Finally, she decides to cave and sends it over.

As I'm anticipating the download, I get that little voice in the back of my head saying, if she's NSA - not so attractive, are you going to be a jerk like you always are, block her from MSN and run away screaming like a little girl or be a man about it? So the pic comes in and she's NSA. :( O. very sad. So she's waiting for my response after a 1/2 a minute of my initial shock and I send back a joke like - see, now was that so hard? It totally worked. Making jokes during uncomfortable situations really gets you out of a lot of jams - that's how I got through Toastmasters. All my speeches near the end were stand-up comedy routines.

Anyway, so I figure that I have to be a man about this since I'm venturing out to the entrepreneurial world and I need practice. So what I did is, and guys you're going to love this, I went back to Lava, looked for a really HOT girl and had her picture up next to my MSN window and pretended like I was chatting with her. I know. :) Anyway, I told her that I have 3 year cycles and that's why I'm quitting my job and that boredom after 3 years carries over to my relationships. And on top of that, the second longest relationship I had was for two months. She told me that she had to cut the convo short cause her sister had to use her computer.

FREEDOM!!!!


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As terrible as this was, before my serious Christian days, I once told a girl that I was going back to my baby mother because our son was complaining that all the other kids in school had fathers. I have yet to have a child in case you were feeling I did the noble thing..

Thursday, October 28, 2004 2:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home