Friday, October 22, 2004

Celebrity hotties

Everyone needs some frivolity in her life, the Urban Sista is no different.

Yes, I have my bonafide, but I have my celebrity boyfriends as well. This is my -- err, shallow side talking. These guys weren't chosen because of their personalities or because they've done something noteworthy. I chose them just because I think they're cute. You may agree or disagree at will :)

So, enjoy my top 10 celebrity boyfriends:

10) LL Cool J. My head is sprung. James Smith has been on my top 10 list since the early '90s and he's still going strong. But I'm a little concerned -- brother's looking a bit too buff and sculpted. Looking a bit too much like LL Cool J from 'Round The Way Girl -- a video released 10 years ago. Maybe it's just good genes or did he have some help... You be the judge.

9) Brian J. White. A newcomer to the list, but still a hotboy. He's currently co-starring with Bernie Mac in Mr. 3000 and the new UPN sitcom, Second Time Around.

8) Eddie Cibrian. Eddie first graced us when he was on some daytime soap operas (I'm not a soap opera fan, but I believe it was The Young & The Restless... Matt Clark... was that his name?). He's moved up to nighttime drama on Third Watch with another hottie (Coby Bell). Cuba here I come.

7) Raphael Saddiq. I know, I know. When he was in Tony Toni Tone, he was kinda skinny and buck-toothed, but my man has aged well! When I saw him and D'Angelo commiserating on You Should Be Here, I realized the man deserved to be on my hotboy list.

6) David Beckham. I've gotta give a shout to my man from Real Madrid. There's something about Becks that has him firmly on the list. Alas, he's too much man for Posh ;)

5) Alex Rodriguez. DR in the house. I swear, the Dominican Republic must have, per capita, the best-looking men in the world. No World Series for you, but we'll see you next year.

4) Henry Simmons. Wow. This is the beautiful brother on NYPD Blue. I don't watch the show, but I do appreciate the eye candy.

3) Denzel Washington. We have to give Denzel his props. My man is close to 50 (if he's not 50 years old already) and he was looking GOOD in Training Day. Denzel will always be on this list.

2) Boris Kodjoe. Sigh. Wow. Yum. See him with (hottie #9) on Second Time Around.


My number one celebrity boyfriend is...

1) Taye Diggs! From the time I saw How Stella Got Her Groove Back, I was in love. He impressed me even more with his cute, intellectual looks in one of my favourite movie, The Best Man. He looks like a guy we all went to college with (or met back in our college/university days). Taye is currently in Toronto taping a UPN drama, Kevin Hill.

So there's my list of celebrity cuties. Of course, it changes and fluctuates depending on who's around and hot at that particular moment. There are some honourable mentions: Ginuwine, D'Angelo, Flex Alexander, Will Smith and Will Lemay. One day, boys, you too may make it on my list ;)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss Shell, I must be out of the mix cause I don't know some of your eye candy...but I sure do appreciate you drawing my attention to them!!! (someone turn the fan on high!!) New cutie on the block is R N'B "Stevie Wonder-esk" Mr. John Legend. How did this man make me hear background trumpets, singers and the bass when it was just him on the piano? I'm with you Shell, eye candy is a guilt-free sweet treat of distraction.

Saturday, October 23, 2004 7:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home