Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Merry Christmas!!!

I found this article at Newsweek.com today (December 24) -- exactly what I was trying to say: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6746677/site/newsweek/. True pluralism is needed, not political correctness... Anyway, I'm off to Montreal for Christmas -- have a good one!

It's Christmastime -- one of my favourite times of the year. I love it -- I love the lights, I love spending time with my family, and, I can't lie, I like presents.

But, as Solitaire pointed out, that's not the reason for Christmas.

People will say, it's a pagan holiday to celebrate winter solstice and that's where we get the 'christmas tree' from.

Sure. I'll give you that. The tree is part of a pagan holiday, but that's not why we celebrate.

But the reason for Christmas is Christ's birth. Whether you want to agree or not, we wouldn't be celebrating CHRISTmas if not for Jesus being born to save the world.

So, while you're ripping open gifts Saturday morning or just chilling out with friends and family during the holidays, remember it's not the 'festive season' (dang, I hate writing that at work -- it bugs me) and don't say 'happy holidays.'

If we can respect Hanukkah and Ramadan, lets show some respect for the day that Christ was born.

It's merry Christmas! Feliz Navidad! Joyeux Noël!

Have a great, blessed Christmas and I'll see you on the other side.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jdid said...

Merry Christmas to you too.

Tuesday, December 21, 2004 6:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home