Monday, June 20, 2005

I'm back :)

Hey blogger friends,

Image hosted by Photobucket.comI'm back in Toronto after the longest two weeks of my life in Montreal. My dad fell ill and my sister and I hustled down the 401 to be with him and my mother.

Let me tell you, you don't appreciate your parents until you think you're going to lose them. Now, I love my folks and I love to hang out with them -- they have their dysfunctions and I have mine -- but when I thought my father was going to pass away... shoot.

There's so much stuff we have to do: he has to walk me down the aisle and tell two foolish stories at my wedding (whenever the event takes place); he has to crack jokes with his grandchildren (if I ever have any kids); he has to tell the grandkids stories about me as a youngster and all the disgusting and funny things we did.

My dad has too much to do to leave me yet.

I guess he realized that too, 'cause, thank God, he's on the mend. The road to recovery is going to be long, but he's a stubborn one. He's already getting better and cracking jokes on my mom.

I really have to praise God because you never really know when you'll have to say goodbye to someone you love. You never know when you'll get that call. The call we got was bad, but not horrible. My Pops is still here -- with his sense of humour, memory, practicality and spirituality that makes him who he is.

Anyway, I don't have all my thoughts together for a long blog, but I have to thank all of you who sent your prayers and thoughts to me and my family. I really appreciate it and I'm happy to be a part of this community.

Keep praying and thinking about us. Talk to y'all soon.

8 Comments:

Blogger Tonya said...

I was wondering where you were. I'm glad your father is ok and that things are looking up for him!

Monday, June 20, 2005 8:47:00 PM  
Blogger bitchdoctrine said...

i'm so happy things are getting better. dads are super cool and if you have a good one, you got to appreciate them before they're gone.

one luv

Monday, June 20, 2005 10:39:00 PM  
Blogger dalia said...

yay! you're back!

Tuesday, June 21, 2005 10:39:00 AM  
Blogger Jdid said...

glad that you're back and i'm very happy to hear that your dad is on the mend.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005 11:14:00 AM  
Blogger ladyabena said...

Glad your dad is feeling better. Bless.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005 2:44:00 PM  
Blogger Urban Sista said...

@sepiadreams - thanks girl :) Things are looking up.
@starfoxx - my daddy is the bomb. Eventhough he used to dole out some hot lashes when I was a youngster.
@marlo & jdid - I'm happy to be back to -- with good news to report.
@big n - nope, no wedding or babies to report as yet :) And if it takes my 20 years to walk my old tail down the aisle, Mom and Pops will have to hang around for it.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005 2:44:00 PM  
Blogger Urban Sista said...

@ladyabena - thanks, girl ;)

Tuesday, June 21, 2005 2:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bless God that your father pulled through and that your family has more time with him.

Saturday, June 25, 2005 11:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home