Saturday, September 03, 2005

Let me tell you about yourself...

Lord, I needed to write about something a little less serious than what I've been writing about. So, MarloGirl is running this meme on her page and I'm joining in on the fun! Here are the questions:

1. I’ll respond with a random thought I have about you.
2. I’ll tell you what song/movie reminds me of you.
3. I’ll pick a flavor of jello to wrestle with you in.
4. I’ll say something that only makes sense to you and me (or so we think).
5. I’ll tell you my first memory of you.
6. I’ll tell you what animal you remind me of.
7. I’ll ask you something that I’ve always wondered about you.
8. If I do this for you, you must post this on your blog

Who wants to play?

Just drop me a line and I'll post what I think about you... I promise, it won't be rude. Maybe snarky, but not rude :)

********************************************

Here go, Ms. Marlo:

1. I wonder about the power you yield with those eyes. "Excuse me, Mr. Doughnut Man, there are only 12 doughnuts and there are five of us. **Blink, blink** Do you think you could give us some more?" And the man, in a trance, dropped about 85 doughnuts in the bag -- didn't charge an extra cent. Marlo smiled, blinked and bounced. I was jealous -- I blinked and nothing happened. But my belly was filled :)

2. That Hoobastank song -- I can't remember the name -- I remember that you had a love affair with that joint. Every time I hear it I wonder, "Marlo loved this song?"

3. Why we got to wrestle? I'd take you though, I've got about 20 pounds on ya. I'd say lime jello 'cause you're a tart.

4. Huggy. Tee hee. Well... there are a few more people who may know... (about 47 sisters are going to read this and gasp, thinking, "they know him too?"

5. Seeing this small, big-eyed, bald, brown sister at a café on Bloor St. Girl, it shocked me, 'cause I was expecting a tall, light-skinned girl with big, bushy curls.

6. A peacock, 'cause you can strut when you're ready.

7. Hmmm... this one's kinda tough. Let me think about that one and get back to you.

Who's next?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your thoughts. I'll be back to read more!

Saturday, September 03, 2005 9:14:00 AM  
Blogger dalia said...

you are making me laugh out loud. the power of the eyes? *holding my belly* wuhloss!

dat's right. ya ate till ya belly bus'. don't hate on the big browns... : )

hold up!
(yelling)

i'm a tart? i'm a TART?

oh. no. she. DIN'T!

lmao

Tuesday, September 06, 2005 11:09:00 PM  
Blogger Urban Sista said...

not that you're necessarily a tart, but you have a tarty spark ;)

Wednesday, September 07, 2005 9:26:00 AM  
Blogger Jdid said...

ok I'm going to do this again since ya my sistren and since I already did marlo lol

1. she's going places
2. I dont know something by Gabby
3. Oh again with the jello wrestling. y'all really trying to get me in truble nuh. ok I am not imagining us wrestling in any yellow jello (What flavor is yellow i aint got a clue)
4. georgie bundle lol
5. talking about getting your hair done on yonge street for some event
6. something small i dont know
7. Do you have a bajan accent?

Thursday, September 08, 2005 11:28:00 AM  
Blogger Urban Sista said...

Yay! Jdid, I don't really have a Bajan accent. I can speak the Queen's English very Canadian-like, but when I'm ready, I can bust out a rank Bajan accent. I've had people ask me, "Girl, what part of Barbados you from?" and I answer, "Well, my mom's from Christ Church and my dad's from St. Thomas." Hee hee! I gon' hit you back just now.

Thursday, September 08, 2005 1:40:00 PM  
Blogger Deepdiva Reads said...

Urban Girl, I love your sense of humor and wicked thoughts. You have the same demeanor I do, and I like that in a woman. Check out my blog, girl. :-)

Thursday, September 08, 2005 4:56:00 PM  
Blogger brooklyn babe said...

Wassup Urban Sis!
this was going around.... on my other journal site for a bit... I'm game.. Go!

Friday, September 09, 2005 12:17:00 PM  
Blogger Urban Sista said...

Jdid, it's your turn!

1. I could have pure jokes with this dude! He's cool!
2. Pump Me Up, Krosfyah. That song signifies BIM to me.
3. Jello wrestling... I don't think your wife would look kindly on that. Do they have golden apple flavour?
4. Lyming in front of Cave Shepherd.
5. I don't remember which blog I read, but I remember getting excited 'cause there was another Bajan blogger online.
6. One of my crazy cousins who comes up with the best lines, "Boy! My belly at my back!"
7. How long have you and your wife been together?

Friday, September 09, 2005 12:46:00 PM  
Blogger -_- said...

I need to bring this back up on mine (haven't forgotten...just been posting on Katrina) but I'll throw my name into the ring!

Friday, September 09, 2005 10:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home