Wednesday, March 16, 2005

101 things you should know about me

I just read SepiaDreams 101 things and I wanted to see if I could come up with my own list. I'm saying everyone's got a list but me, so here goes:

101 things you should know about me

  1. I love to read
  2. I love to write even more than I love to read
  3. I’m still a nerd
  4. I’m a nerd who knows about makeup, hair and the right clothing
  5. If MAC was to cease existing, I would shed a tear
  6. I like being a nerd
  7. I refuse to go camping
  8. I like four-star plus hotels
  9. I would never backpack through anywhere
  10. I like dogs
  11. If I had one, I’d name him/her Barkleigh
  12. I really do like my parents – but they do harass me sometimes
  13. My family’s from Barbados
  14. I’se a Bajan at heart!
  15. Although I can talk a lot, I’m uncomfortable in many social settings
  16. My sister and I are very different
  17. But we’re more alike than we’d ever agree about
  18. I am the cuter sister ;)
  19. I sing in the shower
  20. I would love to dance like Jennifer Lopez
  21. I would love to sing like Whitney before the crack
  22. I would love to fight like Buffy the Vampire Slayer
  23. I like bothering my boyfriend
  24. My belly is rounder than I would like it to be
  25. I still look good in a tight top though – gotta hold that badboy in
  26. I do admire my booty in mirrors
  27. I like my legs
  28. I don’t like to exercise
  29. I love to eat
  30. This sometimes causes a problem
  31. I finished writing my book
  32. Writing a book is a lot harder than you would think
  33. I’m going to get it published
  34. I’m a little worried that it won’t get published
  35. I’m a fan of America’s Next Top Model
  36. I do model poses after every episode, i.e. “This is what I would do if I was on ANTM!”
  37. I’m too old to be on ANTM
  38. I’m going to be 30 in five months
  39. I used to think 30 was grown up
  40. I’m looking forward to being 30
  41. 30 is the new 20
  42. I’m still a child at heart
  43. I miss some of the friends that I don’t talk to anymore
  44. But I remember why I don’t talk to them anymore and the missing evaporates
  45. When I was younger, I didn’t like a lot of my friends
  46. I hated high school with a passion
  47. I loved my late 20s
  48. When I’m done with you, I’m done
  49. I’m very sensitive
  50. I used to cry a lot
  51. I don’t cry as much anymore
  52. I’m a lot stronger than I appear
  53. I love to laugh
  54. I put on 106 & Park and I dance like I’m in a music video
  55. I’ve always believed that something fantastic is going to happen in my life
  56. I’m a Christian – meaning, I believe in Jesus Christ and I follow Him
  57. If I ever get married, I don’t want a huge wedding
  58. I want a huge ring, though ;)
  59. I love yellow roses and peach roses
  60. My bridal bouquet will be three calla lilies tied with a white ribbon
  61. I don’t like spiders
  62. I don’t mind snakes
  63. I want to have babies
  64. I want to have babies, but only if I’m married to the right person
  65. I’m scared to actually birth a child
  66. I pray that my parents live to see my children
  67. Sometimes I fixate on death
  68. I’ve never had surgery
  69. I’ve never broken a bone
  70. Which is surprising considering how clumsy I am
  71. I’m forever hurting myself on something
  72. I wore braces for two years
  73. I nearly sawed off my thumb cutting a bagel back in the day
  74. I’ve crushed on one guy for 10 years and never told him
  75. I didn’t like my first boyfriend
  76. I’ve been in very few romantic relationships
  77. That fact use to bother me, but now I actually like that about me
  78. I own rollerblades, but I don’t know how to use them
  79. I miss my pet turtles Mel and Murphy
  80. My contacts are sometimes more trouble than use
  81. My belly button is pierced
  82. It took forever to heal
  83. I like it – it’s very much me
  84. My favourite number is 7
  85. I love Saturday afternoons in the summer
  86. I watch too much reality TV
  87. Summer is my favourite season
  88. My dream vacation would be to spend a month in West Africa seeing where my foreparents lived and dreamed
  89. I’ve never dated a white guy
  90. I’ve had crushes on a few when I was in high school
  91. I became quite militant in college
  92. I was down with the Nation of Islam back in the mid ‘90s
  93. One of the dudes at the Nation told me wanted ‘dark soil to plant my seed in’ – I stopped going to NOI meetings
  94. I didn’t think The Da Vinci Code was all that it was cracked up to be
  95. I know I’m smart
  96. I never liked my first name – no one could spell it
  97. It’s grown on me and it’ll look good on a book jacket
  98. I’m learning to accept myself as is -- God isn't finished with me yet
  99. It’s still hard because I’m not perfect (see #3 & #24)
  100. I believe life is too short, but can be danged long if you make bad choices
  101. I thank God for each day I get

5 Comments:

Blogger ladyabena said...

Good for you. Thanks for sharing!

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 2:56:00 PM  
Blogger Jdid said...

looka try an publish de book ause i aint got nuttin good ta read.

completely agree with you on 94. it was a decent story but the ending was rushed, the characters werent well developed and the actual prose was nothing to write home about...but hey its sold millions.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 11:04:00 PM  
Blogger dalia said...

ok. sometimes i can't understand a word soli writes! LOL

um... "dark soil to plant my seed in?" ROFLMAO.
that's good. that's really funny.

i would do it... but 101 things is a lot. and the other day, i just wrote about 85 things my SO should know about me ...

see you saturday.

Thursday, March 17, 2005 12:34:00 PM  
Blogger dalia said...

haha soli, donna's an older sister to everyone. shoulda seen her tryina keep me and sis in line when we went to wonderland.

LOL

urbansista! marlo_girl! stop that right now! like we were six.

hi LARI ous

Thursday, March 17, 2005 10:41:00 PM  
Blogger Tonya said...

Looking at your list makes me want to do another list about myself. we're a lot alike!

Friday, March 25, 2005 12:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home