Saturday, January 15, 2005

BlackPlanet sucks

I have a page on BlackPlanet.

I've had that page for years -- probably since 2000. And every so often I'm shocked by the jackasses that call that place home. Honestly, I'm tired of telling off these strange men who think they are allowed to be rude, nasty and uncouth because they are online. Don't get me wrong, I've met some decent folks, but for the most part, they've been idiots.

I've been asked to join a threesome. I've been asked to pose in the raw. I've been propositioned a number of times. I won't even tell you about the bisexual sisters who want to make a connection. When I tell these people off, they get all offended and vex because I wasn't happy that they messaged me with dirt.

The latest idiot, who goes by Teflon (yes, Teflon. Sigh.), wanted my MSN address to harass me more frequently. I don't give my e-mail address out to strangers because it's hard as heck to get some of these fools to stop talking to you.

If Teflon had read my page, he would know that I'm involved with someone. But, unfortunately, that doesn't stop the legions of fool-fool guys (you know, the ones who'll message, 'holla shawtie' and then get rude when you don't respond) from trying to drop some pathetic lyrics.

I told him that if he wanted to talk to me, he could feel free to leave me a note at BlackPlanet. Sorry, I'm not encouraging any little wutless boy to instant message me during the day when I'm at work to talk nonsense with me. I think it would go like this:

Random BP jackass: Yo shawtie, what's gwanin'?
Urban Sista: I'm at work. What's up with you?
RBJ: We should hook up and spend some time.
US: I think my boyfriend would probably take offense if I said yes.
RBJ: What he got to do with it? I ain't trying to get with him.
US: I'm busy. I'm going to bounce.
RBJ: C'mon girl. You know you want to get with me. You've seen my pictures on BP.
US: Whatever, guy. I have a boyfriend and I'm not interested in anything romantic.
RBJ: You one of them kinda women that thinks she's too nice for a nigga.
US: Excuse me?
RBJ: Beeyotch.
US: Who do you think you're cussin', you little vagabond...

Then I would just get ignorant and forget I'm a child of the King. Besides, I'm a girl who doesn't like drama -- especially drama from strange men who think I should be grateful their little 50 Cent wannabe backside wants to talk to me.

When I told Teflon to give me two good reasons why I should give him my personal information, my man got huffy and told me I was a waste of his time.

Hee hee. Reminds me of guys who hiss at you on the street and when you ignore them, they want to cuss you out and tell you that you aren't that cute in the first place.

Whatever, negro.

And if it were only Black guys. If the number of white guys who hit on me virtually were to talk to me in real life, I'd be shocked. The white men are crawling out of the woodwork trying to get with sisters online.

Guess it's cool in the privacy of your home, but not so much at the workplace, church or restaurant.

It's amazing that white guys are totally into you on BlackPlanet, but can't twist their mouths to speak in public. Of course, they can stare and leer, but that's acceptable behaviour.

So, I'm thinking of getting rid of my BP page. I mean, it's interesting to see how men and women interact and I do enjoy reading some of the comments in the forum. But from the number of sorry, disgusting people on BlackPlanet, my first online home is getting seedier and seedier.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jdid said...

sorry to hear about your blackplanet experiences. never been a member but I figured it was just going to be some sort of meatmarket type stuff going on up in there anyways

Sunday, January 16, 2005 1:58:00 AM  
Blogger Urban Sista said...

Unfortunately, it is -- for the most part. I did meet one really cool person online and we still talk every now and then. The majority of people on BP are only looking for booty. Sigh.

Sunday, January 16, 2005 10:06:00 PM  
Blogger ladyabena said...

I think BP is like any other source of meeting people. You must be careful as there is a wide range of people. I have met a couple of decent people and been able to connect with some old friends so I think it's not a complete waste of time. Overall, there are a disproportionate number of UGLY, NASTY FREAKS but not a complete write off...lol

Monday, January 17, 2005 10:16:00 AM  
Blogger Apocalypse said...

BP is too funny...you have to have a tatto on your neck with your 'sign' or your kids name to really enjoy BP.

Friday, January 21, 2005 10:27:00 AM  
Blogger mas said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 10:37:00 PM  
Blogger mas said...

BP shutdown 3 of my business opportunity sites for reason. I will never, ever use, go on, or signup for another BP page. There are other sites that are MUCH BETTER and that care about their users.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008 10:39:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

yes I know what u mean I'm a business women, and I have nothing on my page pertaining to dating or any explicit activities. However I can even number the amount of people who have hit on me and request nude photos. I had to finally take my page out just got tired of the creeps.

Sunday, September 28, 2008 12:23:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home